Infant (3) electrocuted to death

21 Sep, 2021 - 12:09 0 Views
Infant (3) electrocuted to death The infant died after sustaining serious burns

The ManicaPost


Liberty Dube
Post Correspondent


A THREE-YEAR-OLD infant died after she was electrocuted when her mother stepped on a live electricity cable at Chisumbanje Business Centre on Sunday.

Tashia Ndoro who was strapped on her mother Susan Chiambo’s back died after sustaining serious burns, while the latter sustained minor burns.

Manicaland provincial police spokesperson, Inspector Luxson Chananda, confirmed the incident.

“Tashia and Susan were going to church when the incident happened. Susan who had Tashia strapped on her back stepped on a live electrical wire and was electrocuted. Susan sustained moderate burns all over the body, while Tashia sustained multiple burns.


“The two were rescued by a passerby who rushed them to St Peter’s Mission Hospital. Tashia was transferred to Victoria Chitepo Provincial Hospital where she died the following day,” said Inspector Chananda.

No foul play is suspected.


Share This:

Sponsored Links